A very interesting job in which you are responsible for the technical project from start to finish, under the coordination of the project manager. No day is the same and your development does not stand still for a moment. You work together with motivated and dynamic colleagues in a modern environment. We are informal, transparent, healthy and ambitious and we use a flat management structure.
You translate customer requirements into technical specifications, which form the basis for the production of process equipment. During the commercial process you design the technology and estimate costs for our quotations. You are able to check with simple high level calculations whether assumptions in calculation reports are correct.
As an experienced engineer, you carry out [partial] projects independently. This includes carrying out the necessary calculations, checks and analyses with regard to the functionality, manufacturability, assembly, quality assurance and reliability of the design. You set up specifications with which the control and hydraulics / pneumatics are outsourced. You guarantee the quality of your work through interdisciplinary reviews. During the realization of the project you ensure that all documentation during and after completion of the project is complete with regard to the construction file, maintenance, adjustment instructions, controls and product specifications. All this within the set budgets and planning. For larger projects, you supervise a few [hired] engineers or work with and monitor external engineering firms.
You are a skilled technical point of contact for the project customers. You serve as a source of information in case of technical questions that the less experienced engineers cannot solve. You work with suppliers on complex issues.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Design Engineer? Then we would like to meet you!
Please send your updated CV and Personal Motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have questions or need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Peter van den Ban, recruiter, on: +31 (0)6 – 22 302 477
We are looking forward to your application!
NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work and live in the European Union (EU) and/or have an EU-passport will be considered for this role !!!
What Kreber has to offer:
- Excellent remuneration and fringe benefits, including a profit sharing;
- A young and dynamic environment with plenty of room for experiments;
- A proprietary factory of 10.000m², where you can see your designs being manufactured;
- Special attention for tailor-made personal development and study;
- Concrete and realistic growth opportunities.
- As a Lead Design Engineer you are an important key position in the engineering department and responsible for the [partial] design of complex installations within a large diversity of projects with attractive international clients;
- Make an assessment of the project together with your team;
- Individually or with a team (partial) design of complex installations;
- Managing and supervising colleagues within the project team;
- Making 3D basic design, detail drawings, budget and calculations;
- Maintaining contact with customers; by mail, by telephone or on location;
- Take care of administration and technical correspondence;
- You have a number of years of work experience in the design of devices and machines;
- A background in rotating process equipment or machine building is considered an advantage;
- Good communication skills in English, in word and writing;
- Knowledge of MS Office, 3D CAD [Inventor] and knowledge of calculation software [FEM];
- Knowledge of current technical standards and regulations;
- Education level: bachelor (HTS) degree completed in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent work and thinking level.
- In order to successfully fulfil this challenging function, we not only ask for the necessary knowledge and experience, but we also look for certain personal characteristics.
- Ability to motivate and instruct people;
- Social skills;
- Analytical, pragmatic and responsible;
- Being flexible and able to keep overview and set priorities;
- Committed to take that important extra step and be able to act as project owner from a technical perspective;
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
An attractive and varied job with a lot of independence and responsibility in a team of about 20 people. This relates to a full-time job with permanent employment.Read more